OOT Hair Blending - Documentation?

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is any kind of documentation that tells you how to use the hair blending with OOT hairs models? I have several of his hair models and they look really great, but I have never been able to get the hair blending to work and I can't seem to find any instruction on how to use it. Any help pointing me to a tutorial or something would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

1. Apply the Hairblending Activate preset
    2. Apply a Style preset (this controls which areas get the base colour and which the blend)
    3. Optionally apply a strength preset (how much the blend colour replaces the base)
    4. Apply the hairvblending colour  for the blend
    5. Render (or use the Iray preview)
  • nabob21nabob21 Posts: 959

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the step by step description however when I follow the steps the blending colour seems to be very dark even when I select the strongest strength preset. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the blend colour more obvious?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,888
    edited June 2021

Yes, there is documentation. The Topmodel Updo Hair readme file has a link to a PDF tutorial. This is the direct link to the PDF This is the link to the readme file. Daz has not been displaying readme files very reliably for the last several months. You may need to try to refresh the page a dozen or more times to finally get it to appear. 

Post edited by barbult on
  • nabob21 said:

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the step by step description however when I follow the steps the blending colour seems to be very dark even when I select the strongest strength preset. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the blend colour more obvious?

What colours were you using?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 959

I've tried several different colours . Dark base with light blends, light base with dark blends. In all cases the blend clours are rather dark and not very vibrant when compared to some of the promo images and some gallery images as well. I thought it might be lighting problems but the scene is bright and nothing else seems dull and dark.