UltraScenery has been generating for about an hour, how long should I expect to wait?

It's been processing ferns for over 10 minutes and I don't see any signs of progress in the loading bar, do I quit here or is this usual? I kept everything default besides changing the seed and preset to the pond.

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,515

Presuming you have a PC: I have an 8 yo PC that was pretty good in its day (4 core Xeon, 3.2GHz). An US environment often takes 25-30 mins to generate on my machine. The fastest one I have had was 17 mins. depending on your machine specs, I would expect to see some visible progress of the progress bar after 10 mins.Next thing is, what's Task Manager showing? If there is no activity shown in DS, kill the process. If there is activity, check memory usage. If it's 100%, maybe the machine is using the disc as ram, and it's much slower as a result. Finally, if that looks OK, go & make a pot of tea & come back later because your machine may just be relatively slow.

Regards,

Richard

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

usually takes me about 30 seconds to generate a scene, what are your system specs.