IK madness

Simple question: how long is it gonna take for DAZ to develop a decent IK system for animation? Searching the forums I've seen users have been begging for this for years. Yes, with DAZ 4.12 we got the IK chain system, but frankly, it's almost useless. In most poses the limbs of a character start flying around like crazy as soon as any of the bones is moved. Sometimes it works, most other times it doesn't! Same thing happens by simply pinning bones in place, the bones of the limbs rotate to their max limits, breaking the pins. I've seen DAZ Studio animations that were very well done and I wonder, how the heck did they manage to move the characters while maintaining the hands and the feet perfectly fixed in place without any slight shifting? Are there 3rd-party scripts that allow to achieve this with Genesis 8? Because I couldn't find any.

Comments

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751
    edited June 2021

We use scripts to stabilise limbs, mostly (mcasual has a bunch of them, free of charge).  Even then they're quite limited, i.e. no proper system of constraints.  If you have and can use tools like Maya, or even Unreal Engine these days it's possible to export animation as FBX and apply it to Daz figures for the iRay render. 

Post edited by Robinson on