Art Raider Stonehenge and Dagger-Dreams

tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
edited December 1969 in Poser Discussion

Please excuse what I would presume to be an elementary question, but this old man newbie just doesn't get it as it is his first exposure to 3D.

I downloaded the Art Raider Poser Theme "Stonehenge" by Mytilus and unzipped, but can seem to get DAZ 3D to install it.

I also went through the Interactive Tutorial for the Barefoot Dancer that had a free "Dagger-Dreams" product, but install manager informs me "Download Failed."

Obviously, I am missing something. Your time and assistance are appreciated.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,440
    edited December 1969

Is the Stonehenge item a non-DAZ product? If so it's probably down to the way it's packed - There may well be extra folders in there. You want to merge the Data and Runtime folders from the zip with the existing folders in the DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library folder in your Documents folder (if you used the defaults - you don't want to mix manually installed files with Install manager installed files), and if there are other folders (such as props) at the saem level in the zip as Runtime and Data you want to merge them in the same way. Remember that non-DAZ content won't usually appear in Smart Content, you will have to navigate to the files in the Content Library pane, under Poser Formats or DAZ Studio Formats as the case may be.

Try redownloading the failed package - if that doesn't work you may need to download manually, from your Product Library page under your Account, and then drop the file into your Download folder.

• tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Richard,

Thank you for your very timely response. It is appreciated.

Upon unzipping the Stonehenge file the following directure structure was created as well as the files:

Runtime
    Geometries
    Mytilus
    Props
    mytilus_stonehenge.obj
    Libraries
    Props
    !mytilus
    Stonehenge
    Stonehenge.png
    Stonehenge.pp2
    Textures
    Mytilus
    Stonehenge
    Templates
    stn_ground.bmp
    stn_stones.bmp
    stn_ground_tex.jpg
    stn_stones_tex.jpg

Under My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library I have:

Presets
    Scenes

Both directories are empty. Shall I copy the Stonehenge directories as is from the Runtime directory, or do I need to place specific file types in certain places?

For some reason my third attempt of installing the Dagger-Dream files worked.

Thank you one again for your assistance.

Tom

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,440
    edited December 1969

Copy the whole Runtime folder across, that is required. Then make sure that the My Library folder appears in the Content Library pane under Poser Formats (these files are in Poser format) - if it doesn't, right-click on the Poser Formats heading and from the menu select Add Runtime Directory, then in the file selector pick the My Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library folder. Once you have that you should, in the Content Library, be able to go to Poser Formats>My Library>Props>!mytilus>Stonehenge and see the thumbnail for loading the prop.

• tomsfo1tomsfo1 Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

Richard,

Thank you once again for your help. I was able to access the Stonehenge theme, thanks to your assistance. Now to work on the learning curve.

Tom