Head Lamp Option always On With Scene Lights Please.

There are two options for the headlamp which cause me problems because the headlamp flicks on and off due to only two options which are...  (Never) obviously and the option

(When in Scene with No Light), there needs to be a 3rd option (Always On With Scene Lights) because sometimes the headlamp is better to use because it doesn't broadcast shadows like spot lights, for some reason when i add point lights now it cuts out the Headlamp light which kills the whole scene's light and spoils the render, can we just get a 3rd option to lock on & off so i can leave the headlamp always on no matter the render circumstances.

I've just spent the last two hours trying to get the headlamp to work again in my scenes locking this or that option doesn't seem to work all because i added some point lights the rest of the scene nolonger has light because the headlamp fails to work & if i add spot lights it looks bad even if you widen the beam with all sorts of shadows cast from the direction the light is being broadcast from. Is there a way to just brigthen the whole scene by broadcasting light from all sides of the scene or just select broadcast light from which direction the headlamp is facing. 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

If you add scene lights - actual light objects such as spot, distant, or point lights - then the headlamp goes off. You can certainly feature request an option to have an always on option, but currently the only way to fake that would be a spot light parented to the camera at a slight offset (experiment to find a combination that matches the default headlamp, then save it as a Scene Subset to add to your future scenes)..

• AnimAnim Posts: 241

Cenobite said:

... only two options which are...  (Never) obviously and the option (When in Scene with No Light), there needs to be a 3rd option (Always On With Scene Lights) ...

Maybe I am missunderstanding your request, but that option is already in the camera itself. Parameters -> Headlamp -> On.

In that case its on state is independent from Render General settings?

• AnimAnim Posts: 241
    edited May 2021

Cenobite said:

... & if i add spot lights it looks bad even if you widen the beam with all sorts of shadows cast from the direction the light is being broadcast from ...

Please ignore this second reply if you know about the information already:

The geometry thing works for point lights as well.

Spot-light_1.jpg
    1019 x 1331 - 118K
    Spot-light_2.jpg
    905 x 923 - 87K
    Spot-light_3.jpg
    770 x 938 - 79K
    Spot-light_4.jpg
    830 x 748 - 58K
    Post edited by Anim on