PerspectX auditorium in 3Delight

I bought this in a sale the other day: https://www.daz3d.com/auditorium-with-props

Superficially it's ideal - but I can't get it to render properly in 3Delight - I assume it's intended for Iray. Some of the materials just render plain wrong. An example is the StageWood - which just shows light grey/white.

Can I do anything about this, or do I just chalk it up to experience & look for an alternate model?

temp.jpg
932 x 870 - 113K

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Wow...they have put almost no information in their description. I find it very unsual for that vendor to be so lacking, I general really like their stuff.

From the image you included I would think that was 3DL and not iRay. Are you able to show the rest of the list for stagewood to be sure.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2021

I don't have it, but it shouldn't be too hard converting it to proper 3Delight shaders. The floorboards seem to use a very simple IRay custom shader and by the looks of it there is simply the diffuse texture used for both bump and reflections, which, I have to say, is not optimal in either render engine. Select the object(s) and the surfaces, go to your contentlibrary/shader presets/DS defaults and doubleclick the dz default shader icon to apply it to all surfaces. Diffuse maps go into the diffuse color slot, bumpmaps into bump strength and that's it really. For true raytraced reflections you should not insert any maps into reflection color, just select a color with the color picker and adust reflection strength, also adjust bump strength for each surface, IRay use pretty insane bump values, I'd suggest you set strength to 50% and min/max values to -0.2/0.2 as a starting point.

If you want to work in more depth with the surfaces there are other shaders that you can use, like the OmUberSurface or AoA SS shader that offer more advanced features, you can find them in shaderpresets/Omnifreaker or Age of Armour. Good luck!

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2021

Faeryl Womyn said:

Wow...they have put almost no information in their description. I find it very unsual for that vendor to be so lacking, I general really like their stuff.

From the image you included I would think that was 3DL and not iRay. Are you able to show the rest of the list for stagewood to be sure.

Nah the coat roughness and glossy weight are IRay features, so pretty sure it's for IRay. I agree about the lacking description, it sucksindecision

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Great, that's got me going. It will be a little tedious to sort out all the surfaces, but it is starting to look OK now.

Thank you 

Sven Dullah said:

Select the object(s) and the surfaces, go to your contentlibrary/shader presets/DS defaults and doubleclick the dz default shader icon to apply it to all surfaces.