smile morphs

I recently purhcased a pair of models and I can't seem to get them to smile. Under mouth or smile I do not get the icon "smile open" or smile open wide where they show teeth and just a great smile. These newer girls do not seem to have that feature or its not highlighted in the parameters 

Check this out.

the first one for Pepper for Gen 8 shows "mouth smile open" and I am able to get pretty smile 

On the model MR BIANCA  for Gen 8 "mouth smile open" is not highlighter and does not work. 

Any suggestions anyone? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 8.12.49 AM.jpeg
395 x 752 - 87K
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 8.13.14 AM.jpeg
399 x 888 - 93K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

That is because Pepper is G8 and Bianca G8.1 with the "Mouth Smile Open" being a G8 morph that apparently uses the base expressions for G8.
    By default the G8 base expressions have been disabled for G8.1, but you can get them working by deleting the dummy/placeholder files DAZ has placed in G8.1 morph folders.

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

• sliders49sliders49 Posts: 87

Thanks for the detailed explanation I just have one question: How do i remove the dummy/placeholder  files? 

Can you talk me thru it? 

thanks

:)

By navigating to the folders I listed, selecting the files inside the folders and pressing "Delete" key on your keyboard

Hmm Thanks 

I took your advice and it deleted Bianca however I re opened her and now look at the smile. Smile Open and Open 2 still not working but by using smile open full face I can see her teeth.   Prior to your tweak I was not getting any teeth shown on her. So I guess this is gonna work. 

Gacias

ABCBianca smikle test.png
    935 x 820 - 899K

"Deleted Bianca"...? Why? She had/has nothing to do with the dummy/placeholder files.

• PerttiA said:

That is because Pepper is G8 and Bianca G8.1 with the "Mouth Smile Open" being a G8 morph that apparently uses the base expressions for G8.
    By default the G8 base expressions have been disabled for G8.1, but you can get them working by deleting the dummy/placeholder files DAZ has placed in G8.1 morph folders.

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Hmm ... now I'm wondering if this hack will work for using G3 expressions on G8? Too bad I'm at work and can't try it atm.

meganappstate said:

PerttiA said:

Hmm ... now I'm wondering if this hack will work for using G3 expressions on G8? Too bad I'm at work and can't try it atm.

It will not enable G3 expressions on G8.

DS4.15 has been "taught" to read both the G8 morphs together with the G8.1 morphs when loading G8.1 figures, but at the same time the dummy/placeholder files have been installed with the Starter Essentials to prevent G8 base expressions from loading. 

In theory, DS could be taught to read the G3 expressions as well, but since the G3 head geometry includes the eyelashes, which are separate for G8, the morphs would still not load even if the rest of the geometry was the same.

Appreciate all the comments but it comes down to programmers tweaking their designs. New and improved is not always the best route. Hell, Word 2003 was optimum yet they come along and change it later. I mean WTF? I'm not asking much, I just wish the programs would remain user friendly without all the complicated cutesy creative stuff. 

sliders49 said:

Appreciate all the comments but it comes down to programmers tweaking their designs. New and improved is not always the best route. Hell, Word 2003 was optimum yet they come along and change it later. I mean WTF? I'm not asking much, I just wish the programs would remain user friendly without all the complicated cutesy creative stuff. 

Yes, don't get me started on MS Office "improvements"... The only usefull improvement during the past 20+ years has been Conditional Formating, which you really need to know how to use, not to bring your computer to it's knees for using it.

I think someone at DAZ did have a reason for disabling the G8 base expressions, but he/she forgot about the hundreds of PA made expressions that were relying on them to function.