importing shoes from GEN8 to GEN3

1) i apply the shoes to GEN3 figure and they look just fine but i can't use the figure because i have to complete the Autofit process

2) i fill the autofit panel as requested (importing from GEN8 and footwear) but when completed the shoes get deformed

how to avoid that autofit process?

also the geomery smothifier function doesn't help

shioes1.jpg
885 x 1047 - 125K
shioes2.jpg
695 x 1025 - 95K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198
    edited May 2021

When using G3 items on G8 you can usually succesfully do it by changing Scene Identification.

So I would assume that also works the other way.

Load you item so it isn't fitted to anything. Select the item in the scene tab, and in the burger menu Edit > Scene Identification and change it to G3.

After changing, you can fit it to your G3 character without autofitting.

Post edited by felis on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,893

You should know that shoes are the hardest things to fit between generations.

• skyitskyit Posts: 25

felis said:

When using G3 items on G8 you can usually succesfully do it by changing Scene Identification.

So I would assume that also works the other way.

Load you item so it isn't fitted to anything. Select the item in the scene tab, and in the burger menu Edit > Scene Identification and change it to G3.

After changing, you can fit it to your G3 character without autofitting.

genius! yes

shoes3.jpg
    695 x 1023 - 91K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Gordig said:

You should know that shoes are the hardest things to fit between generations.

Exactly. Flats tend to do ok with the scene identifier method, but heels are a disaster most times.

• skyitskyit Posts: 25

pity that the same steps can't be used to convert from Gen3 to Gen 2 :(