Gizmo and figure separate

hello, it often happens to me to have the manipulator of the loaded figure away from it, which makes the movements of the figure complicated. Is there a way to re-center the manipulator on the figure?
Thank you for your help.

Comments

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287

By manipulator, do you mean the Cube in the upper right corner of the Viewport, so that when you turn the view it's not turning with the figure centered and the figure moves out of view? If so, with the figure selected in the Scene Tab, hit the little White Square Crosshair looking icon a few down from the Cube itself to re-center the view on the Figure.

If you mean whatever manipulator is involved with posing, etc... I've basically never used it and have always had it disabled, so I couldn't help there...

• AnimAnim Posts: 241
    edited May 2021

When you write Figure you mean a female or male character I assume?

The pivot center (= place where the Gizmo appears when the Figure (not a body part) is selected) of those is by default in the center between their feet.

If your gizmo is not at the feet then you probably have moved the position of the figure by translating the hip instead of the main figure. To fix this set the translation of the hip back to zero and move the main figure instead.

Another case is when the creator of the figure, prop etc. has decided to define the pivot center not at the center of the object itself. In that case you can create a NULL object:

• menu Create - New Null

Move the null to the position of your figure or vice versa where you want your center to be and then parent the figure to the null:

• Right click on the object -> Change Parent -> select the null you have created.

Now you can translate the null instead of the figure but the figure will follow.

pivot.jpg
    807 x 1085 - 67K
    Post edited by Anim on