Why are the eyes black?

I have had this problem before but usually could get rid of it by switching eyes.

Now it is persisting.

My figures are dead center of the scene and it is still happening.

How do I fix this?

Is it some layer that I can turn off or a setting that I can adjust? 

This is the Michael 8.1 figure I thought I would use eyes from Genesis 8 figures but it seems not.

I will say that many of the objects in my scene I have resized to about ten times their original size but my main figures are normal size.

All I did to my main figures was made them squint a bit and moved eyes side to side.

I also adjusted the roughness of their skin I don't think I had the eyes selected.

Comments

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301
    edited May 2021

Here is a better image,...

Black Eyes.jpg
    1169 x 817 - 1021K
    Post edited by RexRed on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,911
    edited May 2021

I've been dealing with this, too. As I understand it, this is a problem for NVIDIA and/or DAZ to solve.

In the meantime, my work-around is to make "Eye Moisture" just a tiny bit larger, like 0.05%. That usually solves it for me.

These freebies let you enlarge Eye Moisture:

https://www.sharecg.com/v/94074/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8F-Vol.-1
    https://sharecg.com/v/94004/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8M-Vol.-1

Post edited by Hylas on
  • margravemargrave Posts: 1,822
    Change Instance Optimization to "Memory" (instances on) or "Speed" (instances off). Never leave it on "Auto".
  • RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,301

WOW Margrave! I changed it to memory and that changed it but did not fix it. Then I switched it to speed and it is gone!

It bothers me that I do not know why it is fixed, I will try the eye moisture work around also and see if that is something I can long term depend on as a fix.

Is eye moisture the same as the tear thing? 

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,911

RexRed said:

Is eye moisture the same as the tear thing? 

No, Eye Moisture is part of the figure itself, not a geograft.

• Select GEN : SURFACES : EyeMoisture

It is set to GLASS - THIN - CLEAR by default.

I set mine to "Iray - Liquids - Water Thin" and that fixes it for me and looks a WHOLE lot better.