DazCentral does not boot

I wanted to install the daz2unreal plugin and you have to do it through Daz Central however daz central refuses to open. As soon as a start the application it stops responding and I get stuck with a white screen. I tried installing the plugin through DIM and it installed on unreal engine but not on daz. There is no manual download and install option for this plugin so that will not work. I hate DazCetnral, its making a simple task like draging and dropping some .dll files in the coresponding folders so difficult. 

Comments

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

You're better off using Daz Connect or DIM, there are too many bugs with Central, such as not installing to the correct location. Every item for Daz does not have to be installed with Central, there must be something on your download page that mentions DIM or Connect. Please check again to see if this is true. I also know it's very important you check to make sure you have the right path in these install helpers. I can't give more information then that since I only ever manually install everything.

Also are you getting any errors popping up, cause they will need to know that in order to help you. I think they also ask for the log file if you know how to get that.

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited May 2021

I've given up on DAZ Central and went back to installing everything manually. First and most important: it's much faster than waiting for DC to tell me there's an update every time I go into, have that update fail EVERY SINGLE TIME, start to install a product, time out while installing - maybe several times - and taking up to an hour to install a single product. I can download and install a product in about 4 minutes, which includes opeing all the folders necessary.

Second: see above post. It's like "let the games begin" to find out where it decides to install something...

As a broker of products, DAZ is excellent (well, except for those inane "buy one get X" sales) but as a company that tries to create a fully functional application, no: they're pretty much third-rate.

Oh, and because this post is critical of them, expect it to be deleted.

..Joe

Post edited by joegerardi on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

joegerardi said:

I've given up on DAZ Central and went back to installing everything manually. First and most important: it's much faster than waiting for DC to tell me there's an update every time I go into, have that update fail EVERY SINGLE TIME, start to install a product, time out while installing - maybe several times - and taking up to an hour to install a single product. I can download and install a product in about 4 minutes, which includes opeing all the folders necessary.

Second: see above post. It's like "let the games begin" to find out where it decides to install something...

As a broker of products, DAZ is excellent (well, except for those inane "buy one get X" sales) but as a company that tries to create a fully functional application, no: they're pretty much third-rate.

Oh, and because this post is critical of them, expect it to be deleted.

Nonsense. However, in theory we would have to delete it because of your saying we would delete it. Please don't indulge in coat trailing.

..Joe

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

simarpalkalsi said:

I wanted to install the daz2unreal plugin and you have to do it through Daz Central however daz central refuses to open. As soon as a start the application it stops responding and I get stuck with a white screen. I tried installing the plugin through DIM and it installed on unreal engine but not on daz. There is no manual download and install option for this plugin so that will not work. I hate DazCetnral, its making a simple task like draging and dropping some .dll files in the coresponding folders so difficult. 

Daz Install Manager is still available, it's just that Central has a simplified workflow aimed at new users and so is the most prominently presented. Install Manager is here https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/