Scene Optimizer - How do I select which textures to reduce?

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99

This may seem like a really stupid question, but is there a way to tell Scene Optimizer to only reduce texture maps say, larger than 6k, but leave anything below that alone?

The reason I am asking is I have a number of hair models that contain a mix of textures ranging from 256x256 to 8000x8000. If I run scene optimizer, all textures in the hair model are reduced, which is not so great for those 256x256 images. Currently I then have to go through every branch of the hair shader tree and restore the lower sized textures and then save as a materials preset. As you can imagine, that can take quite some time.

I am sure there must be a way to select which textures I would like reduced, but for the life of me I cannot figure out where the option is. In this example, I am only interested in reducing the 8k textures to 4k. I would like to keep the original 4k and under textures as they are.

Scene Optimizer is available here: https://www.daz3d.com/scene-optimizer

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

You can click the headings to sort by map size, distance from camera, etc.   You can't specify a threshhold, but you can uncheck the items you don't want to be altered.