Probably a Dumb question.

So, heres probably a really stupid queation... I bought this (https://www.daz3d.com/iray-skies-10-skies-for-use-with-iray) a while ago, but I cant seem to figure out how to use it.. XD

I tell IRay to draw a skydome, and I assumed I would just select one of these dome textures in the Environment map option, but I'm not finding them there. 

Comments

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287

@Midyin I don't have this particular set, but in an instance where I'm not sure exactly how to use something (it's happened for me with HDRI's as well), I'd take a look at that whole product in the Smart Content / Products Tab to make sure you're seeing everything the PA included (there could be Settings in there) and/or are applying the Skydome by double clicking from there in case there are automatically applied Settings to make it work properly...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

The product page says there are presets for applying the skies, to the environment property in Render Settings I would expect.

• MidyinMidyin Posts: 221
    edited May 2021

Ok, Yeah, I found it in the Smart content tab, and it actually pretty straight forward. you just double click and it does prettymuch everything.

It has a different name once it actually installed, so I kept overlooking it thinking it was something else. lol

Thanks for the help.

Post edited by Midyin on