Shirts are acting like Blob-Monsters

Ok, so I'm having a problem in that some of the clothing seems to have a mind of its own...

Case in point. to make this one image, i had to cook this same scene 4 times. 

1 with the shirt and arm hair on, 1 with the shirt on, but the armhair off, 1 with the shirt and armhair both off, then finally 1 with shirt off but the arm hair on.

Then I had to take all 4 images into photoshop, and frankenstine this image togeather with bits and pieces from all 4 images.

Also, I had to zoom in and do some detail work on her forhead to patch up sme porcelain doll style cracking, but lets focus on the shirt problem for now..

AmazingTech005.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 1M

Comments

• MidyinMidyin Posts: 221

for better reference of the actual problem, heres the shirt doing it thing.

AmazingTech005.1.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Maybe some more information on the shirt.

Is it a dForce item, and you are running the simulation from the final pose?

• try changing smoothing and collision iterations, its on the clothing's properties, under mesh smoothing

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,893

For a pose like that, you may need to disable smoothing entirely.

felis said:

Maybe some more information on the shirt.

Is it a dForce item, and you are running the simulation from the final pose?

Its something called Henley Shirt and Jeans outfit. it came in the Michael 8 Pro Bundle. and this is the final pose, yes.

https://www.daz3d.com/henley-shirt-and-jeans-outfit-for-genesis-8-male-s

15gloriousminutes said:

try changing smoothing and collision iterations, its on the clothing's properties, under mesh smoothing

Gordig said:

For a pose like that, you may need to disable smoothing entirely.

A friend of mine sugested that I change the Smoothing and/or the Collision 

Turning the smooting up from its default 5 up to 50 seemed to work until I canged cameras.

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Your problem is that the meshs from the arms are intersecting.

I would suggest to move his outer arm outwards - just a bit.

• PhatmartinoPhatmartino Posts: 287
    edited May 2021

@Midyin In an instance like this, I'd personally take a close look with the Shirt hidden and see if it's possible to tweak the arm poses just a little if there's serious intersecting going on between the two. It'll be hard to completely eliminate this kind of prob if there are places where the shirt thinks the two arms are one...

It can be hard to decide to tweak posing when you feel like you've got what you want (the left hand over the right arm looks great), but if you tweak the left Shoulder forward slightly and can get that Hand looking good again by bending it back into position, it might also give a little more room for the right hand going under the left arm, and remove (possible) intersecting between the Forearms...

Also, take a look at the Parameters>Actor for the Hair on the figure in the center to see if there are any parameters to adjust the Scalp/Cap... Those "cracks" are the Skull Cap/Scalp intersecting with the forehead. It's easiest to see what's going on there in Smooth Shaded view.

Post edited by Phatmartino on