Iray render crashing in nvoptix.dll

I've tried 6+ different drivers, I've uninstalled and reinstalled Daz Studio, rebooted every time, but no matter what I do I get a crash in nvoptix.dll when I try to render with Iray.

So to figure this out, I'd like to lock down one variable, so somebody out there who is using an RTX 2080 Ti on Windows 7, what's the exact NVIDIA GeForce driver you're using? PROBABLY I'm never going to figure this out, but at least I can stop trying different drivers if I can find a known stable one. (Unfortunately the one in this thread is too old and isn't available from NVIDIA anymore.)

Post edited by sean2_7606d08833 on

Comments

• PerttiA said:

I'm using 456.38

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

Thank you.

• sean2_7606d08833sean2_7606d08833 Posts: 40
    edited May 2021

Still crashes on NVIDIA GeForce drivers 456.38. Both interactive and renders. If I disable the graphics card in advanced and only render with CPU, no crashes. Only if the graphics card is enabled does it crash.

I've reinstalled DS, rebooted many times, manually deleted nvoptix.dll and let the driver restore it. I have no idea what to do at this point other than wipe my hard drive and build everything up from scratch... which I'm in no hurry to do.

(Thought I'd give Filament a try while waiting to figure this out, and that crashed after half an hour in the filament dll.)

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

Enable CPU fallback if it isn't already enabled and try again.

• sean2_7606d08833sean2_7606d08833 Posts: 40
    edited May 2021

Already said that that works. Check the first paragraph of the post before yours.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

sean2_7606d08833 said:

Already said that that works. Check the first paragraph of the post before yours.

You said it works with CPU you didn't mention if CPU Fallback was enabled. If the scene doen't fit on the Graphics card it will fall back to CPU with it enabled. The driver I am using on my RTX 2060 card is the Studio Driver version 462.59.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

Fishtales said:

sean2_7606d08833 said:

You said it works with CPU you didn't mention if CPU Fallback was enabled. If the scene doen't fit on the Graphics card it will fall back to CPU with it enabled. The driver I am using on my RTX 2060 card is the Studio Driver version 462.59.

If fallback is disabled the render won't crash, it will just stop.

• The nvoptix.dll can be renamed or made unuseable as long you use the DAZ studio software-in that case your render should be working perfectly well-for best the next update for DAZ studio should not take any longer use of that dll !!!