3D Connexion - Transform Scene Item mode

Hi, 

is there anyone who is using 3D Connexion device for posing character via Transform Scene Item mode ?

Today I received my SpaceMouse Pro and I was mostly looking forward to pose characters via Transform Scene Item mode,

but it acts very weirdly. Bend and Side-Side movements are sort of working, but for Twist you have to select Twist sub-node in Scene Tab.

Also it's possible to limit movement only to one axis when moving the knob on SpaceMouse ?

Or any tips how to pose character properly with this device ? 

Thank you.

Comments

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154

I tried it out for 10 minutes and forgot that the option exists. Please let us know if you ever find it useful.

For me, the SpaceMouse is still worth it just for moving the camera. It's a bit crude compared to other software, but like a graphics tablet, having a so-so one is much better than having none.

• T0M0T0M0 Posts: 8
    edited May 2021

cajhin said:

I tried it out for 10 minutes and forgot that the option exists. Please let us know if you ever find it useful.

For me, the SpaceMouse is still worth it just for moving the camera. It's a bit crude compared to other software, but like a graphics tablet, having a so-so one is much better than having none.

Hi, thank you for reply.

I would like to use 3D mouse to pose characters.

I know that InverseKinematics is also option, but that's not suitable for everything.

Also it looks like the 3DConnexion plugin for DAZ is not working as it should or the implementation is not correct :/

For example  in 3D Connexion option window if you can enable only certain movements, I enabled only Tilt forward/backward option and DAZ is ignoring this and rotate joint in every axis.

The option "Dominant" is also ignored by DAZ - Dominant mode is intended to limit movement to a single direction.

Do you know how or where to report this issue ?

daz3d-conexion-option

Post edited by T0M0 on
  • AnimAnim Posts: 241

To summit tickets you can go here:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I also submitted a ticket regarding 3DConnexion not working correctly, but it seems it got rejected. I assume because of limited customer interest. Maybe if you two also send tickets it helps DAZ to see that more users are interested in a solution. I also contacted 3DConnexion and they downloaded DS to try it out. Their answer was their api is not used as it should to get good results.

• T0M0T0M0 Posts: 8

Anim said:

To summit tickets you can go here:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I also submitted a ticket regarding 3DConnexion not working correctly, but it seems it got rejected. I assume because of limited customer interest. Maybe if you two also send tickets it helps DAZ to see that more users are interested in a solution. I also contacted 3DConnexion and they downloaded DS to try it out. Their answer was their api is not used as it should to get good results.

Thank you, I will definitely send a ticket to report the bug.