How to get horizontal textures on cone primitive

Hey all. First time asking a question here. I'm having an issue with getting a texture to appear horizontally on a cone primitve in the "Surfaces" tab. Rather than the texture horizontal "lines" appearing like a horizontal ring around the cone they are bending upward veritically toward the top of the cone. I've messed with Tiles and Offsets but nothing seems to bend the lines correctly. Is it not possible to get an image to wrap horizontally around a cone shape?

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,516

I think you need to rotate the texture by 90 degrees in a graphics package and use that rotated texture instead.

I understand there is a way in the texture editor in DS to rotate the texture for the surface by 90 degrees, but I'm away from rendering machine & can't remember off hand how to do it. IIRC you right click on the diffuse image for the surface, select 'Editor' and change it there. It's not something I have done often & can't really remember how to do it. You could [would probably have to] experiment..

Regards,

Richard.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

Switch your viewport to UV View. That should show you how you need to align your texture.