How Do I "Smooth" Parts Of Storybook Mouse For Genesis 8.1 Males?

I recently purchased https://www.daz3d.com/storybook-mouse-for-genesis-81-males.

I'd like to put buccaneer and other clothes on the rodent, but the fur hides almost everything.

Something called 'smoothing' is mentioned in the description.

I'm guessing that would let me remove or flatten the fur of selected body parts.

Where can I find a tutorial that would help me figure out how to smooth some fur?

Thanks,

Colin

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,256

I think JoeQuick is referring to morphs - morphs you would make and then save.

DForce fur - check over on the scene tab, "hide" {close the eye} to the various sections. {actually anything hidden by clothing can be hidden to assist with render times}.

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,624

In this comment JoeQuick included some clothing, he also mentions some length maps for the hair maybe you could use those to help with the clothing also?

• ColinKColinK Posts: 41

Thanks, Catherine, for that comment about hiding morph body parts to help render times.

Whether I choose Mouse body parts or Mouse Fur body parts, when I try closing the 'eye' in the scene window, individual body parts do NOT vanish. 

When I choose the eye for the whole Mouse Fur, it all vanishes, leaving a shivering short-haired rodent on scene.

Is there a toggle somewhere that I need to change to enable selecting individual body parts to make invisible?

I sort of remember playing with invisible legs and boots back in the early 2000s, but not really since those began behaving better.

Thanks,

Colin  

• ColinKColinK Posts: 41

Oops.

I'm wrong about that. 

The fur continues to show up in my scene, but vanishes during the render. 

THANK YOU!

Gen8_Storybook_Mouse_01.jpg
    650 x 722 - 270K
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,256

You're welcome, glad you got it working for you :-)