Adding something to Smart Content categories

This question concerns many items, but for the sake of example, I'll use Ciel for G8F

I usually have Filter by context checked, because I find it easier to do quick finds that way. I also use the tab Products, not Files. In this example, I have a new scene with nothing in it, yet Ciel doesn't show up under Figures > People. If I remove the Filter by context checkmark, the product folder shows up. The character shows up under the Files tab as a Character rather than an Actor, but as mentioned I don't want to use that. 

How can I make sure that an item, whether it's something from Daz or another vendor, or a bespoke model I have had custom made, is included in the Smart Content in the sorting and under the categories I want? 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

Character presets may be tricky - in principle they don't need to be marked as compatible with anything, since they will load a new figure if necessary, but that would mean they would show even if you have something else selected. Anyway, if you don't mind that I think you would need to make them compatible with everything or - and I can't recall if this is an option - with an empty selection in the metadata editor.

• KhoyanKhoyan Posts: 72

But what if it's a different item that doesn't show up in Smart Content at all, only in the content library. Either from another vendor, or more specifically, when I have models that are created for me only. Is it all about editing metadata? I'm scared to F something up if I start messing with settings like that. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

In order to show up in Smart Content an item must have a category, a type, and a compatibility as I recall (but last time I gave the list I missed one out, not sure if it's complete this time). So yes, it is a matter of creating or editing metadata.

• KhoyanKhoyan Posts: 72

Thank you! I'll look up how to do that, and try my way around metadata :)