Drago's Alternate Textures and Horns Missing Files

ZwytZwyt Posts: 122

Looks like [Drago's Alternate Textures and Horns Missing Files] this product has a missing file according to Daz Studio, it says that the following file is missing when trying to load the Cinder Emissive texture: runtime/textures/fenixphoenix/drago alternate textures/dat_eye_emission.jpg

I haven't tested yet to see if there are any other missing files, I filed it as a bug report, but I was just wondering if anyone else was having this issue or if I should just try uninstalling and reinstalling.

Thanks, 

Charles

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 122

Actually, on further inspection, it looks like none of the emissive effects on these textures are working currently if I apply an emissive effect to the wings or the wing membrane both the wings and the membrane come out looking kind of gray in the iRay preview. I purchased this as a bundle and don't really know how to get a refund for one item that is part of a bundle if it comes to that. I would rather see this item be fixed, soon.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,070

Hi Charles,

I doubled checked the copy I uploaded to PASS and all the textures are there. I'm guessing DAZ might've forgotten to include one of the zips (since as per the rules, the zip is divided into two packages because of the size). This product is a buyout (meaning DAZ bought it from us), so the fastest way to get it fixed would be to file a ticket explaining that some of the runtime textures seem to be missing from the package.

edited May 2021

I just downloaded the packag manually and indeed they forgot to include the Eye Emission texture file (runtime/textures/fenixphoenix/drago alternate textures/dat_eye_emission.jpg). Again, as DAZ owns the product, they'll need to be the ones to add that file to the package.

As to the emission presets misbehaving, unfortunatelly without looking at some example renders of what you're getting, I'm not sure how to help. If you feel the emission is too soft, you can try increasing the lumens. Just remember to select the right object before applying, otherwise you'll get weird results. So if you're applying the emission to the wing membrane, you'll need to select the membrane rather than the wing.

Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,705
    edited May 2021

Can confirm. That file is not present in either of the two texture zip files and the mats throw the missing files error.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

I have submitted a ticket through the PA ticketing system explaining the situation and even adding a zip with the missing file for easy access. Hopefully that will speed things up in getting the product updated.

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 122

I tested further and the other emissive are working, I just hadn't lowered my lighting enough so it didn't interfere with them. I had also filed a report about the dat_eye_emmission.jpg but haven't gotten a response yet, hopefully they will get it fixed soon, it's a great texture set.

Zwyt said:

I tested further and the other emissive are working, I just hadn't lowered my lighting enough so it didn't interfere with them. I had also filed a report about the dat_eye_emmission.jpg but haven't gotten a response yet, hopefully they will get it fixed soon, it's a great texture set.

I got a response today and I've since uploaded the file to PASS as an update to help speed the process. It still needs to get tested and repackaged, but hopefully it won't take too long. I'm glad to hear the emissions are working fine. Yes, some of them can be very subtle, so you could increase the lumens or lower your lighting to accomodate :).

• Four other textures are missing from the hatchling. motledgreen_normal_opengl.jpg, motledgreen_roughness.jpg, purple_height.jpg, toonygreen_metallic.jpg

short223_cda7b0323a said:

Four other textures are missing from the hatchling. motledgreen_normal_opengl.jpg, motledgreen_roughness.jpg, purple_height.jpg, toonygreen_metallic.jpg

JoeQuick also sent an update for that, but I'm guessing that (like with my own update) it's sitting in "Ready to Test" in PASS. Hopefully, the products will be updated soon.

Just popping in to say the missing file has finally been updated for the Drago's alternate texture set.