Geometry editor changes lost on save and reload.

So, I used the geometry editor to hide, then delete polygons from part of an object. It went well. Until I reloaded the scene later, then the entire object was just gone, except for a small cube. All that work just gone.

I know that if you simply hide parts of geometry, the ploygons hidden will be un-hidden after you load the scene again. But these were polygons I deleted (I used "Delete hidden polygons" once I was done hiding all the faces I didn't want.)

So now it seems like I'll have to start all over. But what's to prevent this from happening again??

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,256

Steel Rat said:

So, I used the geometry editor to hide, then delete polygons from part of an object. It went well. Until I reloaded the scene later, then the entire object was just gone, except for a small cube. All that work just gone.

I know that if you simply hide parts of geometry, the ploygons hidden will be un-hidden after you load the scene again. But these were polygons I deleted (I used "Delete hidden polygons" once I was done hiding all the faces I didn't want.)

So now it seems like I'll have to start all over. But what's to prevent this from happening again??

Wild guess, you didn't save your "new" object and the scene save command didn't have a clue what to save.
    Try "File > Save As > .... figure/prop file for the "new" object. Then save the scene. Close/open D/S - load scene, see if it's there.

• Steel RatSteel Rat Posts: 394

I still don't know what happened. But closing DS completely and letting memory clear, and opening it back up, everything was as I wanted it. Very odd.

Thanks for the reply, though.