dForce newb needing some questions answered

JasonWNalleyJasonWNalley Posts: 122

Hey everyone, I've searched high and low for a few things but can't seem to find exactly what I need, so hopefully, you guys can help.

I have a scene, 2 characters are in bed getting ready to wake up for the morning, both of whom have dForce hair and clothes, and the blanket for the bed is dForce as well.

As you can imagine, starting from remembered pose doesn't work, so I've posed the two characters in the bed, and removed the remembered modifier.  So now the clothes and hair drape in place, but the blanket, no matter what I do, starts above the bed, bloated.  It's from the Ultimate dForce bed.  Ideally, what I'd like to do is save the state after it's been draped over them, and then continue to animate the scene from there.  So essentially the start for everything in the scene (ideally) is a couple in bed with hair, clothes, and blanket already in their draped and stabilized state.  From there, I would like to animate further, waking up, stretching, removing the blanket, etc.

If I run the simulation on the animation timeline, it gets to frame 30 before the blanket is down, but even beyond that (even without any other animation) the blanket still moves every so often, like every  5 frames or so it slightly shifts.  I can't tell what's causing this, it seems like the simulation is going to explode, but then never does.

So can anyone advise on how I do this?  do I need to wait past the blanket falling in the animated timeline before I start animating? ie, do I need to wait till frame 30 and then start the animation process? Or is there any way to get everything to be set from frame 1 and start animating from there?  the latter is more ideal for me... but I'll take what I can get at this point...

Post edited by JasonWNalley on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,256

Well, apparently how I do things with DForce is not how everybody else does things but here goes: I would drape the one item and then make a morph for that item. [and save the morph of course] Then run other drapes, dial in the morph, done.

• JasonWNalleyJasonWNalley Posts: 122

Thanks, I'll give that a try, and I don't care how "everyone else" does things, I just need to find something that works :-D  If this works, you're a god send, and it's a simple solution to what I thought might be a complex problem...

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

Have a read of this thread.... some light reading LOL.

• JasonWNalleyJasonWNalley Posts: 122

fred9803 said:

Have a read of this thread.... some light reading LOL.

thanks, I'll print out the pdf's and try and read in my spare time...