‚Render Details‘ Gone - ? (solved)

tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,694

This is gonna be a terribly newbie question, but I just installed 4.15 for the first time, and on a new machine, and I can't seem to find that little render details window anymore that used to spring up automatically when rendering, giving you the time lapsed, the percentage, and all that ... Could someone tell me where to turn that on again, please? 

Post edited by tsroemi on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,256

tsroemi said:

This is gonna be a terribly newbie question, but I just installed 4.15 for the first time, and on a new machine, and I can't seem to find that little render details window anymore that used to spring up automatically when rendering, giving you the time lapsed, the percentage, and all that ... Could someone tell me where to turn that on again, please? 

I found it "hiding" underneath the new window that is my new render in the works. Slid the render window over, then slid that popup over, then moved the render window back to center.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,694

Catherine3678ab said:

tsroemi said:

I found it "hiding" underneath the new window that is my new render in the works. Slid the render window over, then slid that popup over, then moved the render window back to center.

Hi Catherine, thanks for the suggestion, alas it's not in hiding, nowhere to be found. Is there a check box that has to be ticked somewhere to make it appear? Even if the renders I did went really fast, they weren't too fast for the pop-up to show up I think. And anyway, it's always there after the render, isn't it? So, really weird ... 

I'm not aware of a toggle switch for that popup. Maybe put D/S to a smaller window size, start a render, check if it was a pop-under?

No, after the render is done that popup vanishes.

If can't be found ... maybe somebody else knows.

Catherine3678ab said:

I'm not aware of a toggle switch for that popup. Maybe put D/S to a smaller window size, start a render, check if it was a pop-under?

No, after the render is done that popup vanishes.

If can't be found ... maybe somebody else knows.

You know, I wasn't even aware that the pop-up vanishes after the render is done - so maybe my test renders really were too fast for it to appear at all. Thanks for the hint! I'll try with something bigger tonight. 

Good luck :-)

Catherine3678ab said:

Thanks, that helped I think! ;-) Because the pop-up really WAS hiding, it just disappeared so quickly that whenever I tried to find it behind the render window, it was already gone. But now I rendered a scene with some LAMH hair which took a little longer, and I found it! Phew!

Gotta say that the RTX 2060 really is incredibly fast compared to my previous little GTX 1050Ti in an eGPU. I know everyone has 3060s and even better these days, but I'm very happy with it.

edited May 2021

tsroemi said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Thanks, that helped I think! ;-) Because the pop-up really WAS hiding, it just disappeared so quickly that whenever I tried to find it behind the render window, it was already gone. But now I rendered a scene with some LAMH hair which took a little longer, and I found it! Phew!

Gotta say that the RTX 2060 really is incredibly fast compared to my previous little GTX 1050Ti in an eGPU. I know everyone has 3060s and even better these days, but I'm very happy with it.

Glad to hear that it was found!

Everybody does not have 3060s ... I don't {I have GTX 1650} ... but am hoping for a 3090 one of these years. Prices are rather silly right now and there is no rush. I'm using a gaming laptop ... and I discovered that aside from RAM in the computer ... apparently the Video cards ALSO have RAM or something for memory and THAT is where this toy falls short. So lots of memory as far as I'm concerned for computing, but have to go easy with scene loads.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Catherine3678ab said:

tsroemi said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Glad to hear that it was found!

Everybody does not have 3060s ... I don't {I have GTX 1650} ... but am hoping for a 3090 one of these years. Prices are rather silly right now and there is no rush. I'm using a gaming laptop ... and I discovered that aside from RAM in the computer ... apparently the Video cards ALSO have RAM or something for memory and THAT is where this toy falls short. So lots of memory as far as I'm concerned for computing, but have to go easy with scene loads.

Yeah prices are insane due to cryptomining, there's a separate thread about it even I think. The laptop I just bought was about okay though, I figure because the GPUs in laptops are weaker and therefore maybe not as sought after by the miners, and also because the RTX 2060 is not the newest card. It's a gaming laptop as well but can switch to on-board graphics in everyday mode for energy-saving. So it's a good compromise I think between getting fast renders and trying to be at least marginally environmentally conscious as well ;-)

Anways, best of luck for getting the card you want! yes