Crashing (Again)

Once again the issue with Daz and crashing if I try to render without restarting my pc entirely it will freeze and lock it up 

Nothing has changed and it's worse in the current build of both the beta and public versions  as It already updated anyway and I am unable to return to any version before this started the only thing that maybe causing this is windows 10 updates but I'm not sure I am at a loss with why or what's causing the problem

Thing's I've tried:
Reinstalled entirely

Requested another version but its been months and no reply 

Allowed CPU in Photoreal Mode
and Interactive Biased Mode 

Opened and then loading a save 

Nvida drivers are all up to date 

It does it if i use the Iray mode as well as trying to render I can close Daz come back to it and if I don't restart fully it will cause a full restart anyway does not matter what's in the scene the only exception is a blank screen with nothing in it but the moment you try add anything it will lockup my pc

So any other ideas or anything to shed some light on this problem 

Thank you 

Comments

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

What are your system specs?

• DxC09DxC09 Posts: 34

AMD Ryzen 7 1800 Eight-Core-Processer
    Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
    16 gig  ram
    Windows 10

I've got a 2080 too and haven't had any problem in the current DS version at default settings. You said "if I try to render without restarting my pc entirely", so it will render OK if you restart? This could be a memory issue or a GPU one.... in fact I suppose it could be anything.

I posted a recent thread on the tech forum about the Win 10 update destroying my appdata folder and re-seting Daz Studio (and other apps), but DS still works as before after I re-installed the libraries and reset my preferences.

Are you trying to render old scenes or does the crash happen regardless? Does it crash if you try CPU only rendering?

Yes a recent Windows 10 update did exatcly the same thing was very strange luckily I did have the settings saved but it caused the restart issue to return and made it worse :( 

Rendering any scene old or just making a entirely new one it will do it with either 

I've not tried CPU only rendering so Ill give that a go and see 

With regard to the RTX2080 driver, the one you want is the Studio Driver rather than the Game Ready driver. The studio driver in theory is supposed to be more tested or more stable. It shouldn't make much difference but maybe it does. Of course the next option is to start from complete scratch and reformat your HD and reinstall windows. I went throgh that a few weeks ago and though daunting it wasn't as much work as I thoight it would be, re-installing all my progs. You've already done all the things I could suggest so good luck with fixing the problem and let us know how it goes. 

Yea the stuidio driver is the one I've updated 

Neither worked crashed once more only one I've not done yet and slightly hesitant to do is reinstalling windows 10

Still no luck if anything its worse reinstalled again with the drivers also and it still continunes to crash now sometimes without even saving / restarting does it anyway :(

I can only hope for a new version of the Beta that maybe will fix it.. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,104

I have been using the Beta all morning with no crashes so I would check the computer for overheating. make sure the graphics card, ram and processor are all seated properly in their sockets.

My laptop specs are in my signature at the bottom of this post.

Hardware....after years of software and hardware stability my system started crashing in April. It turned out that my CPU had lost the will to live. The crashing occured while using DS and Adobe After Effects. As Fishtales says, it's probably time to get your hardware checked out for faults.