Reality plugin does not start (never even asked for my license key)

I upgraded my Reality from way back to the current version. I use Daz Studio 4.15 Pro.

In the render menu I can see the "Render Reality Editor" and I also have the props installed (lights and such), but clicking on the Render Reality Editor does nothing. From what I read in the manual it should lead to the activation, but it simply does nothing. It shows up as enabled in the plugins menu.

Any ideas?

Post edited by statistx_42556c1853 on

Comments

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

Uninstall and reinstall, for starters. Paolo is still available, and has always been helpful.

Also, do you get the Reality icon in the top band?

..Joe

• joegerardi said:

Uninstall and reinstall, for starters. Paolo is still available, and has always been helpful.

..Joe

Dumb question: How to uninstall? It's not in my programs list on windows and has no uninstall in the folder. I installed it over it a second time now, but still have not seen an uninstall in the installer itself either.

Only have the icon in the Render menu, don't see it anywhere else.

• statistx_42556c1853 said:

joegerardi said:

..Joe

Dumb question: How to uninstall? It's not in my programs list on windows and has no uninstall in the folder. I installed it over it a second time now, but still have not seen an uninstall in the installer itself either.

Can find it in the Installed list in DAZ Installer, or DAZ Central

• LiquidWarehouse said:

statistx_42556c1853 said:

joegerardi said:

..Joe

Can find it in the Installed list in DAZ Installer, or DAZ Central

I fear that only works if you bought and installed from the Daz HP and not from way back on the preta3d site and upgraded now to get the current installer in exe form.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,871
    edited May 2021

This thread may have some helpful information.. Reality, at least the 64-bit version, seems to be incompatible with both the most recent version of Studio and possibly the most recent version of Windows 10. The person in that thread was able to get it to work with the 32 bit version and Studio 4.12.

Note that the Preta3d.com forum mentioned in that thread is no longer available; Paolo has closed the forum because they were expensive to run, and now recommends that people try to contact him via email for support questions.

Post edited by vwrangler on