Andrey Pestryakov's Secluded Island crashes 4.14

richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,515

I have recently bought Andrey Pestryakov's Secluded Island https://www.daz3d.com/secluded-island and found every time I tried rendering in iRay in 4.14 it crashed DS. Every single time without exception. I have never before had DS crash.

After trying to see memory usage (12 GB out of 16, so OK and CPU OK too), setting optimization to memory etc, nothing prevented crashes. I was beginning to think of returning it, but there was one last thing to try. I tried a copy of 4.12 I have on the machine, and it worked perfectly. In fact, I couldn't get it to crash.

Has anyone any idea why the crash happened in 4.14 and how I could prevent it in 4.14? What could do it?

Regards,

Richard.

Post edited by richardandtracy on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

There has been some previous threads about it - so maybe it isn't fixed.

I can't remember if that is that case when there was something with the hut that is causing the crash.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,515
    Ah. Thanks for that. I will try that. Having an earlier version available means that I'm less concerned than I might have been.
  • markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 553

I tried it with 4.14: I had a crash, too.

It worked fine using 4.15!

Now that is odd. I wonder what causes it. I've not installed 4.15 yet. Currently have 4.10, 4.11, 4.12 and 4.14. May eventually get around to adding 4.15 to the list.
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

It works in 4.15.0.2 for me too. There were soem chnages to various bricks in Shader Mixer, reflecting changes in Iray, where Daz had to implement their own shader code for things that had previously been built in functions - the issue may be from a stage during that process.

I have now installed DS 4.15, and it works. Unlike 4.12, it doesn't render in GPU, so I think I'll use 4.12 for this environment most of the time. Thanks for all your help.
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@richardandtracy "I have now installed DS 4.15, and it works. Unlike 4.12, it doesn't render in GPU"

Studio 4.15 has a minimum Nvidia driver requirement. You may need to update the driver.

edited June 2021
    I have a more recent driver than the minimum. Simply seems to require more VRAM than DS4.12, and consequently my 6Gb card isn't big enough with one figure.
    Post edited by richardandtracy on