How to reset G8.1 face expression to default, without losing head pose transforms?

Is there a way to reset G8.1 face expression to default, without losing head pose transforms? I want to reset only the facial expressions and nothing else.

Comments

• Wallace3DWallace3D Posts: 166

if you are using the new Face Control then select it and then in Parameters tab select Zero and then choose Zero Figure Pose

That will zero out the face expressions if you used the Face control (Highly Recomended)

Face Control Zero.png
    418 x 615 - 49K
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

cridgit said:

You can also select only the head (or any other bone) and CTRL click the default/reset pose. Holding CTRL will bring up a popup asking how you want to apply the pose: choose selected node only + recursive and it will reset only the selected node and its children. Very useful trick for resetting hands, expressions, arms, legs etc. without changing other bones.

You can also use this trick to add only an arm or leg pose from another pose to the current pose. You can also select more than one node e.g. L and R arms to change only the arms and keep the rest of the pose intact.

WHERE IS THE LIKE BUTTON!!

Thanks for this info!  20years of using DAZ Studio and this is new to me HAHAHA 

I dont see a Default/Zero Pose on my list of 1000 options.. where is it located???

• Rufus CoppertopRufus Coppertop Posts: 173
    edited May 2021

Wallace3D said:

if you are using the new Face Control then select it and then in Parameters tab select Zero and then choose Zero Figure Pose

That will zero out the face expressions if you used the Face control (Highly Recomended)

I tried that. Couldn't get it to work. So far, the only way I've found to reset Face Controls is just keep bringing new stuff into the scene until it throws a nervy and resets itself.

Post edited by Rufus Coppertop on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on