How do I add WASD - IK - hotkeys to Undo Camera Transform history?

Sometimes I'll accidentally move a camera by hitting W,A,S,D,I,K keys.  Unfortunately, these camera transforms don't get added to the undo history, so I can't undo it, and I lose my original camera angle.

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Sounds like you may be using the default perspective view and not an actual camera.  Default perspective view is lacking a bunch of the settings that a camera has, also it does not store movements into any history.  Try creating a camera and it will have settings for focal length, focal distance, depth of field, and also it will log its location changes into your undo history.   Hopefully this helps.

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207

Spacious said:

Sounds like you may be using the default perspective view and not an actual camera.  Default perspective view is lacking a bunch of the settings that a camera has, also it does not store movements into any history.  Try creating a camera and it will have settings for focal length, focal distance, depth of field, and also it will log its location changes into your undo history.   Hopefully this helps.

Unfortunately, using those hotkeys, even with the camera selected in the top right; not using perspective at all, doesn't record undo transform changes.   Basically, using hotkeys to move the camera is permanent, and cannot be undone.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

I keep the WASD navigation off for just this reason, as far as I know it cannot be added to the undo stack. You coudl select the camera and then use Edit>Object>Memorise>Memorise Selected Node(s) so that you coudl then restore the camera settings if need be (but of course you would then have to rememorise after any intentional change).

• vozolgantvozolgant Posts: 207

Richard Haseltine said:

I keep the WASD navigation off for just this reason, as far as I know it cannot be added to the undo stack. You coudl select the camera and then use Edit>Object>Memorise>Memorise Selected Node(s) so that you coudl then restore the camera settings if need be (but of course you would then have to rememorise after any intentional change).

That's a good idea, thanks.

I also disabled all hotkeys that move the camera.