Iray Server Upload Speed

Hi.

Recently I started to rent an Iray Server, but the upload speed is very limited for some reason. I have a 1 gigabit connection on my end, but for some reason it takes about 25 minutes to upload 1 gigabytes, which is problematic and time consuming when you have scenes that have 22GB+ worth of materials. I was just wondering if maybe it has a built in limiter that can be changed or not, by nvidia itself or possibly DAZ.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

What type of connection? ADSL, for example, is asymmetric (that's what the A is for) and generally much slower to upload than to download.

• Richard Haseltine said:

What type of connection? ADSL, for example, is asymmetric (that's what the A is for) and generally much slower to upload than to download.

It's not ASDL, If I remember correctly they already replaced the phone cables to have higher speed subscription packages. https://www.speedtest.net/result/11383815741.png In  theory it should be faster than what DAZ handles, the software sits on SSD with every content and I have enough RAM to fit in the scene, so I find it strange that the upload speed in DAZ is so drastically limited.

Have you tried another application? As it is, you don't lnow whether the bottleneck is uploading from yoru machine or receiving by the other machine.

• Well my connection and PC works fine its only DAZ that can't seem to be able to handle the speed. Sadly I can't test DAZ on a diff computer because I only use a single PC.

I was thinking of testing the speed at which the server could accept data. Until you do that you know tyhe process is slow, but not where the slowness comes from.