What hardware component determines Viewport performance (Non Iray)

Good day, I'd like to know what piece of hardware controls how responsive the viewport is while set to eg."texture shaded". I've done some reading and all app configs are correct, so I just want to know what hardware components determine in it's performance?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

You should have enough RAM to keep Windows from swapping to harddrive

• I don't think it's that. To be more specific, it's easiest to see the slowness/lag to respond to posing when using this awesome tool : https://www.daz3d.com/pose-architect-for-genesis-8-females . However while the sliders and figure take forever to catch up to where I am moving them, I don't see a spike in my CPU or Ram usage, so I am not sure where the lag is coming from.

• It's deforming the mesh, applying JCMs, and all the modifiers that slows down the viewport. I would think the easiest things you could do to speed things up is set everything to base resolution and remove any smoothing/push modifiers, etc. Someone has got to have written a script to do that by now, I would think.

• But when the slow down happens I don't seem any strain on my CPU or RAM, does that mean the viewport is based on GPU, would a more powerful GPU prevent slow down, or will there always be slow down and I need to just do these things "set everything to base resolution and remove any smoothing/push modifiers, etc" ?

• Guess i got my question answered, windows task manager had a GPU column I wasn't using, seems its the GPU being used to render what is seen in the view port.