How to reinstall DAZ from scrath without loosing anything? Serious assistance required

So it all started that my render crashed to a black frame withn that unavailable device notification - this happened out odf a sudden with nothing (literally changed on the system. ISoetimes i could do a first render when in textured mode viewport (previously iray) but the second definitely failed. Seems like daz was noit freeing up the VRAM after closing a render.

next step was that also the textrued viewport slowed down to a crawl, actully every viewport rendering mode, with Filament now being the most responsive, still nothing I could seriously pose a character, though. Even selecting or clicking any thing in the scene as well in the DAZ GUI takes ages.

Lately, DAZ started to gave me frequent notifications that I need to revalidate due to chages in may system (not true) and today Figure metrics - which I loaded on a character through smart content (!) gave me a warning I would need to install and register the script plug in. What??? It is in my library but checking the installed plugins it actually is not there???

So I think it is time to bite the bullet and do a as clean install of DFAZ withz least as possible remainders without sacrificing any of my work. How to proceed?

Nitty gritty details: Win 10 20H2 and DAZ on NVMe PCIe SSD, Library on a separate NVMe SSD, 64GB of DDR4, 1080ti as the primary adapter feeding 2 monitors and a cubic extender with 3 TitanX Maxwell cards. Everythign on the latest drivers 4.66.27 (although happened on461 wasw ell) and no, no Stidio drivers as theere are none form my Maxwell cards, though I tired with the Cubix shutt down and the 1080Ti alone. Disabling security Suite (Bitrdefender) is also nothing that showed effect. And, again, on the exact configuration everything worked fine as a breeze until early this year and everything aside DAZ studio still does, even demanding games and VR have no problem, so it MUST be something eith that particular software, regular and Beta, too.

Help and hints greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

Have you actually run any kind of system check? Those sound like you may have issus soemwhere - possibly disc health, possibly malware.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    edited May 2021

Yesd, various, and as said I have a security suite on and am very (!) careful about avoiding potential threats (this includes the latest nvidia driver as per recent safety alert) . Also as it stands only DS is affected, games residing on the same SSDs load in no time and otherwise the whole system is responsive as ever. Adding to this some of the errors can be found discussed in these forums and while some with that black render issue could be cured with updating drivers I am on the latest release. It is a shame that DAZ does not allow to go back to a previous iteration because I am absolutely sure this came along with some update.

Post edited by kgrosser on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Help->Troubleshooting->View Logfile

Attach your log to your post and there is a lot less questions needed.

• kgrosserkgrosser Posts: 141
    Will do to create a paper one from scratch, though while I know it will tell you the Cuda card is not available on the 2nd render attempt onward (if at all), no there is nothing else that occupies much vram and also it won't reveal why viewport is chugging. What I really would like to do is removed everything from the registry and local/roaming...which would be really if only DAZ hadn't killed a proper program installation since 4.12 in favor to push everyone to DIM and DC down the road. So, the only thing I can remove is DIM but that leaves a lot of potential troublemakers in other places, or even doesn't kill the program itself.
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

kgrosser said:

Will do to create a paper one from scratch, though while I know it will tell you the Cuda card is not available on the 2nd render attempt onward (if at all), no there is nothing else that occupies much vram and also it won't reveal why viewport is chugging. What I really would like to do is removed everything from the registry and local/roaming...which would be really if only DAZ hadn't killed a proper program installation since 4.12 in favor to push everyone to DIM and DC down the road. So, the only thing I can remove is DIM but that leaves a lot of potential troublemakers in other places, or even doesn't kill the program itself.

DAZ hasn't "killed" any installation methods, you can still download and install DS manually from the site.