Exporting daz to marvelous doesn't work

Hi guys,

I just upgraded my computer and installed all my new programs to get started. However, I can't seem to import fbx into marvelous while I previously could. MD gives me an error saying "FbxSkin::eDualQuaternion or FbxSkin::eBlend is not supported". I have no idea what that means and if there's a work around/fix. All I want is for my character to animate..These are my export settings: maybe I'm doing something wrong?

DAZStudio_0nHXNUvQ47.png
812 x 650 - 32K
Post edited by SarahSconceptart on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

Marvellous = Marvellous Designer? Which format - that is the FBX exporter, but the other thread you psoted to 9and please don't double-post) was about Collada export.

• Sorry Richard, didn't mean to double post? I'm sorry if I'm unclear as well, I'm just trying to save my fbx file in DAZ and open it in Marvelous Designer, I could before but after upgrading my system things are not working anymore. Just trying to get some insights on how to properly export fbx to marvelous designer. I don't care if it's collada or fbx export as long as the animation works in MD. ^^'

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,387

im not sure if collada and fbx are vertex-exact methods, so in my opinion you shouldnt use either.

You should probably use MDD or Alembic.

There is a free alembic exporter here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/428856/sagan-a-daz-to-blender-alembic-exporter/p1

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

It does depend on the goal - Alembic/MDD are an exact copy of the movements in DS, but they are not posable in the destination application. Collada and FBX will not look exactly the same, but they do remain posable.