Where do I ask for a product to be fixed?

I bought

https://www.daz3d.com/eryn-for-genesis-8-female

A while back and  before making this post I  made sure that it was nothing I had done, so it is an issue in the product. There is a mismatch in her testure in front of her left armpit, it may not show up for some, but I render very large and in 4k, (though the render I have posted here is only 2k since  it won't let me upload a 4k render ... I have tried) so it is kind of glaring now that I have seen it. I just can't unsee it now. I have no clue how to go about fixing it myself, so i am asking  where I ask  to have DAZ either fix it or get it fixed.

Valshea Portrait seam 2000 .jpg
1414 x 2000 - 2M

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,257
    edited May 2021

One would open a ticket [send it to Sales Support] along with the image showing the problem. IF it gets fixed it would be by the PA and then an updated download would be made available for all. Actually you might want to try downloading a fresh zip file and checking to see if maybe it was fixed already.

To fix it oneself would require making use of either a 3D painting utility or a lot of trial and error using an image editor - to make the seams match between the arm and torso. Alternatively one could make use of an image editor [that works with layers] and make the corrections on the rendered image. {the clone brush can be used to copy skin from one area over to another}

If the purchase was made within the last 30 days, you could ask for a refund [but if it triggered sale prices that might not be a good idea].

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • MalandarMalandar Posts: 748

Catherine3678ab said:

One would open a ticket [send it to Sales Support] along with the image showing the problem. IF it gets fixed it would be by the PA and then an updated download would be made available for all. Actually you might want to try downloading a fresh zip file and checking to see if maybe it was fixed already.

To fix it oneself would require making use of either a 3D painting utility or a lot of trial and error using an image editor - to make the seams match between the arm and torso. Alternatively one could make use of an image editor [that works with layers] and make the corrections on the rendered image. {the clone brush can be used to copy skin from one area over to another}

If the purchase was made within the last 30 days, you could ask for a refund [but if it triggered sale prices that might not be a good idea].

Yeah I have had it too long for a refund andf it is perfect for the character, and I already did download a new copy and install it in hopes that it had been caught and fixed and updated already. But unfortunately that is not the case. Thanks for the comment, I'll send a ticket to sales support then.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I own the character and can confirm the arm and torso materials don't match up exactly.  Looks to me like there's more than just Eryn going on there.  When submitting your ticket, I'd suggest you include a screenshot of just the character without additional morphs.

You should be prepared for a wait.  If you're in the middle of a project, you can either smooth over the problem with an image editing program, or choose a different character's texture.

Submit a request – Daz 3D Help Center (zendesk.com) Click the Sign-In button up top.  It's not mandatory, but should save you a Captcha or two.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

If the other side is ok, you could try copying the texture from the right arm to the left arm.