inverted height

AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Hi, 

I've made a texture in Substance Painter and in SP it looks great. But, on import to Daz it looks like the normals are inverted. I've tried setting everything to OpenGL and then to DirectX but, though, it's better with OpenGL, in that it's only inverted top to bottom rather than both it's still wrong. What I mean is it's a brick wall with Open GL the mortar looks like it's going in but the light seems to come from both the right and the bottom. With a figure in the scene it's obvious the light is coming from the right and above. I'm all out of ideas. Please Help. 

By the way, the render looks as it should if I don't use the normal but just use the bump/height map that shows there's nothing odd happening in my lighting set up which is just an HDRI (default one at default).

Substance Painter - License_ 3 days remaining - PBR - Metallic Roughness Alpha-test (Read only) 04_05_2021 16_33_24.png
1920 x 1057 - 2M
Charles Test 2 text.jpg
2308 x 2308 - 674K
Charles Test 2 text.jpg
2308 x 2308 - 562K
Post edited by AbnerK on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893

Daz Studio uses OpenGL normals.

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

barbult said:

Daz Studio uses OpenGL normals.

thanks, yeah, I'd checked that before I exported the first shader, but it was Richard that said and he's added 'I think' so I double checked to be sure, it's obviously wrong when I use the DirectX. But, I don't get why the lighting direction would look right to left as it should but bottom to top. It makes no sense to me. I even made sure the shader setting on each layer of the set up in Sbustance was OpenGL but that made no difference. I can use the Normal map as long as I set it to negative 1 by turning off parameters.