Problems with dforce clothing that bends with the character pose

Hoping this is something obvious that I'm just missing.  

I'm having a problem with a number of dforce clothing items that bend/conform with the pose of the character they have been fitted to.  It happens primarily with capes and long coats.  The item will cling to the rear and legs of the firgure instead of just loosely dropping as it would naturally.  It also happens frequently with shoulders and backs as well.  The items will sometimes drop during the simulation but the results are generally problematic at best.  Even when using the setting starting bones from a memorized pose tends to result in pretty poor results.  It is not consistent from product to product, so can the quality of dforce products vary that greatly?  Again, I'm hoping it's just me and my learning curve. 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,198

Maybe try to attach some screenshots to visualize your problem.

With dForce it is essential, that the clothing doesn't intersect when the simulation starts - and, that limbs doesn't trap the clothing on the way to the wanted pose, i.e. if a arm passes through the torso.

• felis said:

Maybe try to attach some screenshots to visualize your problem.

With dForce it is essential, that the clothing doesn't intersect when the simulation starts - and, that limbs doesn't trap the clothing on the way to the wanted pose, i.e. if a arm passes through the torso.

Thanks, you got me pointed in the right direction.  I went back and loaded some of the items in question with no additional clothing items and they all worked flawlessly.  I tend to simulate in the current pose, so I think it was a perfect storm of of related problems complicated by the potential clipping issues you mentioned.  I think I need to better understand how to layer order dforce items as well.

Thanks again!