Eyes/Eyelids do not closing properly - Character based on Face-Transfer

Hi, I have a problem with this character that I created, starting from Face Transfer. When I close his eyes, the lids of his left eye are deformed. I used a lot of morph dials to sculpt the character and I don't know which one is causing problems. I read in the forum that others have had a similar problem and, from what I understand, to solve it one would have to resort to modeling software such as Zbrush. I don't know these software and I was wondering if any of you could help me. I apologize for my bad English and thank you.

eyes open.jpg
400 x 501 - 147K
eyes closed.jpg
400 x 600 - 211K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

It may be the Face Transfer shape - morphs often need corrections for things like eyes closed, which are hooked up to the morph and the eye closed control so that they kick in as needed.

• menghienricomenghienrico Posts: 90
    edited May 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

It may be the Face Transfer shape - morphs often need corrections for things like eyes closed, which are hooked up to the morph and the eye closed control so that they kick in as needed.

What kind of corrections are you referring to? 

Post edited by menghienrico on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Set the viewport to "Smooth Shaded" to render the figure with no textures.  If the face looks "normal" with closed eyes, examine the Face Transfer generated face texture.  Could be Face Transfer generated eyes in the eyelid texture area.

face transfer sample.jpg
    1936 x 1051 - 175K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

menghienrico said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If a morph chnages the eye shape then the standard Eyes Closed will not in fact close the eyes properly - at 100% it moves the vertices a set distance and direction, so it may go too far or not far enough. The maker of the morph will, for expressions they wish to support, make another morph that fixes the issues and that will be hidden and invisibly linked to both the main shape and to the closing control, so that it kicks in only to the extent needed. If a morph doesn't hav correction because of the way it is made them there are likely to be issues (this, incidentally, is why, aside from any copyright issues, it's a bad idea to export a morphed shape as OBJ and load it as a single new morph).

• Lindsey said:

Set the viewport to "Smooth Shaded" to render the figure with no textures.  If the face looks "normal" with closed eyes, examine the Face Transfer generated face texture.  Could be Face Transfer generated eyes in the eyelid texture area.

I tried as you advised me, but the problem remains. It is a defect in the mesh and not in the texture 

• menghienricomenghienrico Posts: 90
    edited May 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

menghienrico said:

Richard Haseltine said:

If a morph chnages the eye shape then the standard Eyes Closed will not in fact close the eyes properly - at 100% it moves the vertices a set distance and direction, so it may go too far or not far enough. The maker of the morph will, for expressions they wish to support, make another morph that fixes the issues and that will be hidden and invisibly linked to both the main shape and to the closing control, so that it kicks in only to the extent needed. If a morph doesn't hav correction because of the way it is made them there are likely to be issues (this, incidentally, is why, aside from any copyright issues, it's a bad idea to export a morphed shape as OBJ and load it as a single new morph).

I've found the correction you're talking about! It's an hidden parameter. Thank you. Now eyelids are fine!

Post edited by menghienrico on