G8F character(s) won't load

Partially resolved.  After starting DAZ (4.15.0.2 Pro 64 bit)  Load would hang at about 55-60% of the bar when trying to load any G8F (base or characters).  Was working fine earlier in the week.  Male G8 figures loaded as before.  I had recently bought and installed a bunch of stuff just beforehand with the April Showers deals and decided to uninstall 9 recent purchases.  Now iDAZ works as it did before.  I don't have the time at the moment to further investigate which item(s) are causing the problem, but will do a trail and error install/test when I get a chance to narrow down the cause.  Posting here in case anyone else has same problem.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893

It could possibly be a bug with one particular product, but It may just be the number of G8F characters and morphs that you have installed. The more G8F characters you have and the more G8F morph packages you have installed, the slower it is to load ANY G8F character. This is because when you load a character, Daz Studio creates a morph dial for EVERY installed morph for that generation and gender. Some people with lots of content have reported G8F load times of over 20 minutes, but that is the exception. It would not be unusual to wait over a minute, though.

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128

It wouldn't load base G8F overnight (6-7 hours).  Also got 'Not Responding' messages everywhere (DAZ window, Task Manager).

OK, that's a problem. sad If it happens again, see if the error log has any interesting information (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File)?

• sberlinssberlins Posts: 128

barbult said:

OK, that's a problem. sad If it happens again, see if the error log has any interesting information (Help/Troubleshooting/View Log File)?

The log file doesn't show anything unusual, just the program started.  I couldn't access the log file when the program was locking up.

You should be able to scroll up from the end of the log, past where you just restarted the program, to see the last things logged in the previous session. Since it didn't terminate normally then, it may not have written the last info to the log, so there may be no smoking guns.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381

You can also open the log from outside daz Studio. Paste this into a file broswer address bar

%AppData%/daz 3d/studio4/log.txt