Issue with outfits - RESOLVED

Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 561

Hello,

I recently purchased an outfit for Bugga Boo (at the other site) and I've noticed a problem that I remember having in Poser sometimes (see attached pic).  Whenever you move the arms, the sides of the dress/shirt follow the arm everywhere.  Seem to recall this issue had to do with IDK in Poser but was wondering if anyone knows for sure what this is and if I can fix it within DS?  If not, I'll just return it and let the vendor know of the issue.  The outfits are really cute and I would love to be able to fix it.

Thanks.

Dress.jpg
600 x 800 - 227K
Post edited by Muon Quark on

Comments

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 561

Forgot to add that this happens on the regular G8F figure as well.  Thanks.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,257
    edited April 2021

Yes it would be a rigging issue. Adjusting the weight maps might be helpful:

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on

Thank you!  It does help.  Need to practice a few times but it does work!

Thanks!

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

What happens is when this piece was converted to the body mesh it was probably using fullbody so any parts that are extended like frills of the mesh will warp due to movement, the converters must be specific when fitting outfits to a particular generation type, I find older versions suffer from these issues where the outfits created for recent generation models like 8 have less problems and even cater to movement of poses, sometimes using scripts like Fit Control for the generation and gender base is helpful, when you apply the script to a model with a given outfit on it will then ask you to add the script to each piece of the outfit on your model, it will then add a bunch of morphs that will allow you to shape the outfit better in parameters to the body and allow you to control some of the movements with pieces that warp, there maybe some other add ons you could use to fix a particular gens outfit fitting problems but i find older models just don't have whats needed to flex certains types of meshs when the body moves.

Well I'm having a hard time with using the tool shown in the video.  I think I will reach out to Leilana and ask her to look at these outfits.  All of them need something.

Thanks.

Leilana showed me how to set up dforce for her outfits and now the outfits work perfectly!  Thanks!!