MacOS: Installing Studio in the Applications folder

Daz central insists on installing Studio burried deep in the user acccount Documents folder. It also puts the base content library there. That is just nuts when it used to put Studio (and Postgres) into the /Applications/DAZ folder, and the base library was in /User/Shared which made perfect sense.

Is there a way to install Studio and the postgres db in the applications folder, or is this to avoid some oddball Apple protections of the Appliccations folder?

Comments

• Daz Central setsa  single base path, to simplify the user experienbce. Install Manager, which is what I think you are remembering, iss till available and allows setting of individual paths https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

• SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 33
    edited April 2021

Thanks for the link to DIM! Yes, THAT installs everything where it should go. DazCentral can just F right off. I tried changing base path in DazCentral, and it installed the applications in the right place, but still put the content libraries in the wrong places. It just installs stuff all over the place. To make things worse, if you install DazCentral on top of DIM, it doesn't pay ANY attention to the DIM install paths, and just craps up the system again.

The defaults in DIM just "work". I'll stick with DIM.

Edit: Went back and dug around in the .ini files. After correcting paths in Acccount.ini, DazCentral is now using the correct paths. 

Post edited by Squirrel on