Metallic Flakes and FSL Ultimate Layered Shimmer Makups

I'm guessing it's just something I don't understand about metallic flakes in general with DS rather than the product, but is there something I have to do to actually make things render metallic? I have tried it with different base skins. Using Iray, first I use the load first thing (not sure why there are two going by the path it looks like one is for the complete looks section and I guess the other is for the rest?) next I load any of them - I've tried using the ones that look very metallic to see if I can get it, but still, the makup just looks like color painted on the face - no shimmer, no metallic. I've tried it without setting lights or anything so that I know it's not something I am doing, and I've also tried it setting HDRI lights. I still don't know a whole lot about DS, because I used Poser for so long, so maybe I'm just missing a step?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,893
    edited April 2021

By default the Metallic Flakes Roughness is set way up to 1 (very very rough). Either dial it way down to a lower value in the Surfaces pane or apply one of the product's Shimmer Presets Utilities. See screenshot for example.

Screenshot 2021-04-24 165819.jpg
    558 x 858 - 129K
    Post edited by barbult on