Some questions about teeth morphs

nabob21nabob21 Posts: 959

Hello,

I have noticed that when I apply some character morphs to G8F and G8.1F that the teeth seem to have some shape morphs applied to them as well. I have also noticed that when I apply some expression morphs to diffferent characters the teeth sometimes get warped/morphed as well. This can happen even when I used standard morphs like the Open Smile morph for G8F and G8.1F.

My questions around these issues are:

1. Is there a way to save teeth morphs that I do like if there are no dedicated sliders?

2. Can I turn off embedded teeth morphs in characters if I don't like the way they morph the teeth?

3. For expressions that distort or morph the teeth, can I somehow prevent that?

Thanks for any help with these issues.

nabob21

Post edited by nabob21 on

Comments

• If they are not HD morphs it is possible to use the Geometry Editor to select the teeth and remove them from morphs, but of course if the jaw is being reshaped the teeth may then be in the wrong place. Is the issue with the expressions when theya re used alone or when there is a shape applied too?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 959

Hi Richard,

The issue with expressions and teeth sometimes happens when the character is morphed and sometimes not. For example, if I have a character morph and apply an open smile morph to the character I can sometimes get the 'warping' of the teeth. Other times, if I apply a custom expression to a G8F I can still get the same issue. What seems to happen is that the teeth can sometimes shift upward (upper jaw teeth) or shrink in size, or start to show gaps between the teeth. The expression itself can look good, but the teeth look odd.

• If those are Daz sets please report them to support if they show up on a default figure. The jaw shift does illustreate the potential issue with stripping the teeth from a morph.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 959

Thanks again Richard.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,908

Tooth deformations are sadly common and very annoying.

I find that many of them can be corrected with the Teeth Scale All morph from these free sets:

https://sharecg.com/v/94074/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8F-Vol.-1

https://sharecg.com/v/94004/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/InTheFlesh-Merchant-Morphs-for-G8M-Vol.-1