Problem with dforce hair 4.15

I have a problem with dforce hair in Daz 4.15, it worked fine when I last used it, but when I tested today first with this set: https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-winter-trendy-outfit-add-on and then I tested with this: https://www.daz3d.com/moshi-the-kitten and no dforce hair is visible. I couldn't wiew it in the iray preview mode before either, only in the full render, so I started one to test, with both models and there is no fur, either on the jacket  or the cat. I downloaded new graphics card drivers, studio drivers, nvidia,  but the fur is stil not there sad. Please help me with this, I made no changes to my pc, no changes in Daz besides buying some new stuff. I have no idea what to try, what could be wrong, I did the only thing I know to: restart the pc, then download drivers and restarted. That is the end of my troubleshooting  knowledge sad, Please help me with this, I want to be able to use the stuff I have bought and be able to buy new dforce hair stuff sad.

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

dForce hair will not render if the geometry tool or mesh grabber are the active tool when you hit Render.  That's the most common reason for this kind of thing happening.

• Thank you so much for the reply, I will see if that was the case, I hope so! smiley Will reply to say if that helped smiley.

• Yes, that was the error, with no such tool selected I have fur on the jacket and a soft fluffy Moshi again! heartsmiley Thank you so much for the help with this smiley, I'm so relieved it was nothing serious that need techincal knowledge lol. 

• CenobiteCenobite Posts: 206

If your hair is not showing in viewport you need to turn on preview hairs and change the tessilation slider to 2 or 3 this will show hair in viewport renders, otherwise it just shows up in final render because its such a system draw, some hair pices have a scalp or another part of the hair under the hair's file tree thats the one you have to set in parameters, can be tricky if you don't know what to look for.