Digital Clothing into Real Life Pictures

Hey guys. I'm kinda new on the 3D world and i started on DAZ for my college project. Im trying to put digital clothes into .jpg pictures of people. 

My line of thought is the following: creating a daz character with the same pose as the model in the picture, apply the clothes on the model and render the clothes without the Genesis being visibe. So that way i can paste on top of the jpg on photoshop. Do you guys think this works? 

So i downloaded a Puff Jacket as an .obj and im trying to fit on my genesis 8. Im trying to use the Transfer Utility to try to make it fit using these configs. but instead of fitting at the dorso, it fits the legs of the genesis 8. 

Am i doing something wrong? Also, if you know a better way to apply digital clothing on pictures i'll be thankful

Comments

• Please put the Viewport into Smooth Shaded drawstyle if you are going to show a nude figure (even without its anatomical elements).

In order to use the Transfer Utility the target item has to line up with the Source figure, as loaded. It looks as if the jacket is loading at ground level. Use the tools in DS to place the jacket correctly on the zeroed figure, then hide everything but the jacket, export as OBJ, and reimport the OBJ (making sure you use the same preset in the options dialogue) - that will bake the adjustments in, after which the transfer utility should work as expected.