PostgreSQL problem is causing None Of My Content to Show DAZStudio4.15.0.2

Suddenly 2 days ago i"m getting this message Daz Studio cannot establish a valid PostgreSQL connection   And non of my content in the Smart tab or the content tab shows. None of it even though it's all there in my User/......./My DAZ 3D Library/

What's with this PostgreSQL, why did it start failing and how do i fix it? I followed some webpages that say Change port used( didn't help),Uninstall DAZStudio and PostressSQL and even DIM and reinstall. That didn't help. what's going on?

Comments

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931

Oh and some other suggestions by webpages say add daz studio to Windows defender list, i did  didn't help. And another suggestion is add it to the section in your Antivirus   Settings>Update&Security>WindowSEcurity>Virus&Thread protection>ManageSettings>Exclusions>Add or remove exclusios/And here add the folder containing DAZ Studio.....THAT DIDN"T WORK AT ALL EITHER.

• PostgreSQL is the database used by the Content Management System, which is used for Smart Content, the Presets tabs in proeprty panes, and Cataegories and products in the Content Library pane. If you installed using Install manager or Daz Central your content should still be accessible through the Content Library pane under Daz Studio formats (or Poser formats for some, mostly older, items). Lack of the CMS can cause a few other issues but you shouldn't be totally locked out.

Is postgreSQL still installed? Does it start? If you open task manager by right-click on the Task Bar, enbale More Details, and look at the list of background processes under the list of running applications there will usually be several postgresql entries. Does it run when Daz Studio is running? If you do chnage the port number in Edit>Preferencs>CMS Settings and restart Daz Studio does the change persist or does it revert to the original setting?

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226

Do you have PostgreSQL in your path for the database?

Edit> Preferences> CMS Settings, C:/DAZ 3D/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/Content Database as your Cluster directory,

1024 as your port

Studio needs to see this.

..Joe

• nokoteb99nokoteb99 Posts: 931

Richard, thanks for the help it was defintely an experience i hated . But you know what the whole problem was, now i don't even get that PostgreSQL error message when STudio starts.  It was that in Preferences all my paths  stayed in E:/ drive but the drive where my DAZ is installed for some reason  changed to G:/ drive... So i changed all my preferences Paths to G:/ and now eeverything showed up in the Content LIbrary in the right side. However, i don't know why nothing appears in the Smart content tab

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,381
    edited April 2021

Smart Content uses the Content Management System, it's based on categories and compatibility (if you have the filter by context box checked) which come from the database. Only the ... Formats sections in the Content Library show content by its location on disc, and so work without the database (except the Daz Connect virtual folder).

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on