Genesis 8.1 face control asymmetry

I'll offer an apology up front if this has already been addressed in a previous discussion. I'm a late comer to 8.1 because of the Mac OS incompatibility and wading through thousands of threads for any discussion of this can be overwhelming. 

As I explore the 8.1 face control developer add-on, I've noticed that some of the controls, the brows for example, affect both sides of the face equally. If I grab the translate control for the left brow, it moves both brows equally at the same time. I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing and there's an asymmetrical setting which would allow me to raise just one brow to give the character a wry or perplexed look as opposed to the startled or surprised look one gets when both brows are raised. I know I can do this with some of the sliders in the Posing tab but it would be nice if it could be done using the universal selection tool from the scene window and the face control attachment. Another example would be to grab just one side of the mouth and pull it out or up or down without doing the same thing symmetrically to both sides of the mouth. I've spent a lot of time trying to find some asymmetrical setting in the menus which would enable this.

If this doesn't exist and isn't possible, I'll offer the suggestion that having this ability would be hugely useful in creating unique, believable expressions for 8.1 characters.

Comments

• margravemargrave Posts: 1,822

The arrows will allow you to move them asymmetrically. The plus icons will move both sides at once.

• margrave said:

The arrows will allow you to move them asymmetrically. The plus icons will move both sides at once.

Ah, yes. I see. I knew there had to be something. Thanks.