PostgreSQL CMS Database.... huh.

So, I have little experience with DAZ 3D. Downloaded the studio a few times, never really used it, until finally I decided I was gonna give it a REAL shot. Purchased some assets to work with, was ready to go... the booted up the studio to a strange error. Something about not having a valid connection to a PostgreSQL CMS database. At first, I ignored this message. Didn't seems like a huge deal, so I went to get to work. But none of my assets were available. It didn't make sense. Tried to log in, and got a message, again saying something about the PostgreSQL whatever. I don't know what this means, and my tech savvy father is also stumped. I will attach an image of the first error. If anyone has any advice at all, please share!
Daz_Error_2.PNG
673 x 313 - 27K

Comments

• The database is the driver for the Content Management System, without it Smart Content and the Presets tabs of proeprty panes will be empty, as will Categories and Products in the Content Library pane. Some other features also use the CMS. Is the content visible in the Content Library, in the Daz Studio Formats list? That (aside from the daz Connect virtual folder) does not depend on the Content Management System.

How did you install? Did you in fact install PostgreSQL (if you are just updating an older version of DS you might conceivably have only the Valentina database engine, which is no longer used at all). If you are sure you have PostgreSQL installed, does it run when Daz Central, Daz Install Manager, or Daz Studio are running - check Task Manager (right-click on Task Bar), enabling Show More and then looking in the list of processes that appears below the main application list.