New user. Used DIM to install DS, bridges to blender and max. Pls help.

Hello friends, I'll do my best to provide good info so it is easier to help me. This is my first ever install of Daz products.

I installed the DIM, entered my info. The DIM listed what I assume is all the default stuff, including Daz Studio. I let it install everything listed.

The bridges didn't show up in the DIM, so I went to my shopping cart and from there it redirected the downloads to DIM. That seemed to work.

Here is where the problems start......

No scripts menu in DS.

In the Window/Workspace/Customize/Actions Tab/Bridges item, there are listings for 'Send to Bryce, ZBrush and Hexagon. Nothing about Max or Blender. 

I can locate the scripts in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\scripts\support\DAZ.

I tried double-clicking the daz to blender dsa file. It opened DS but still no script menu is created.

As a noob, I could really use some help. Any and all advice is much appreciated. peace

Comments

• Was Daz Studio running all this time? If so try restarting it - the process relies on a script that DS runs, and then deletes, on start up. The script can also be run manually, it is in the zip in \AppData\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce

•  

Richard Haseltine said:

Was Daz Studio running all this time? If so try restarting it - the process relies on a script that DS runs, and then deletes, on start up. The script can also be run manually, it is in the zip in \AppData\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce

Richard, thanks very much for the reply.

Sorry to say I've already tried restarting.

The RunOnce folder is empty which I believe indicates that the scripts ran once and deleted themselves, per my research.

I have located the scripts in C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\scripts\support\DAZ.

I tried double-clicking the daz to blender dsa file. It opened DS but still no script menu is created.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

• Those are not the scripts you want, they won't do anythign with an empty scene. Get the script from the path I listed in the zip and either run it or place it in the RunOnce folder and launch DS.

• Thanks, Richard. Appreciate your help, but:

The RunOnce folder is empty. There is no zip file. So I can't do what you said.

• Hi, I started this thread:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/488356/new-user-used-dim-to-install-ds-bridges-to-blender-and-max-pls-help#latest

and I've gotten replies but every time I try to post my own replies nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Seems to me when I hit the 'post' button my reply should appear. But nothing happens.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

you were sill on the list to be checked by moderator,  and posting umpteen times is typical of some spam bots.so looked iffy.

We have now merged the two threads and heopefully  things should be OK now.

• The zip is the one you downloaded, if you used Install manager and didn't have it delete the package once done. If you did, it is in your Product Library page under your account pages.

• Chohole said:

you were sill on the list to be checked by moderator,  and posting umpteen times is typical of some spam bots.so looked iffy.

We have now merged the two threads and heopefully  things should be OK now.

Thanks Chohole, much appreciated. I thought it might be something like that, but needed to make sure. I'm a newbie, so trying to be on my very best behavior. peace 

• Richard Haseltine said:

The zip is the one you downloaded, if you used Install manager and didn't have it delete the package once done. If you did, it is in your Product Library page under your account pages.

Richard, thanks for your patience. Both bridges show up in my account, as you said. Are you saying I should re-install? Thanks 

• ken said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The zip is the one you downloaded, if you used Install manager and didn't have it delete the package once done. If you did, it is in your Product Library page under your account pages.

Richard, thanks for your patience. Both bridges show up in my account, as you said. Are you saying I should re-install? Thanks 

Reinstall, if you haven't (I thought you had) or manually run the script from the RunOnce folder in the zip.

• Sorry, I guess I haven't made myself clear. There is NO zip file in the RunOnce folder. The RunOnce folder is empty. Just making sure I'm clear about that.

I've gone to my Product Library as you directed. I click the Download button. It opens my Daz Install Manager. Then nothing happens. I repeat: nothing happens.

Do I need to uninstall the plugin first, then reinstall? Thanks very much. Really appreciate the help.

• I am not saying theer is a zip file in the RunOnce folder. I am saying there is an \AppData\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce folder in the zip.

• Richard Haseltine said:

I am not saying theer is a zip file in the RunOnce folder. I am saying there is an \AppData\DAZ 3D\Studio4\RunOnce folder in the zip.

Ah. Ok thanks, that is clear.

So I just have to get the zip file. How would I get it?

So should I uninstall and then reinstall? Once again, I really appreciate your time. I'm totally confused here.

• Richard, I went ahead and used the DIM to uninstall and reinstall. That seems to have worked, there is now a scripts menu in DS.

I think I might actually be able to try and work with this now. I hope so!!!

Hopefully I don't have to bother you with this anymore.

Again, many thanks for your time and patience.