Trouble with Saving Some eJCMs

I'm having the same problem that this guy had, but I haven't been able to solve it:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/267171/solved-saving-jcm-morphs

Basically, I have these two JCM morphs for my character's eyes so that when I close them they don't look terrible.  I ERC-Freeze the "Eyes Closed" controllers, for each eye, with the morphs turned up, then I set them to only work with my character's morphs and everything is working fine.  But after I save the JCMs, load in a new g8 character, and turn on my character morphs to see if they work, I find that they, in fact, do not work at all.  I check in the Property Heirarchy and for some reason the eye controls do not save as a controller for the JCMs.  I'm really stumped and don't know how to get past this as I don't think this is some kind of bug like with the guy in the thread I linked.

Comments

• The ERC link saves with one of the properties - if you already have the main morph and it's only the JCMs you are working on its possible that the link is set to save with the main morph and so gets lost. After setting up the ERC go to one of the properties in the Property Hierarchy, expand to get down to the ERC, expand that to see its attributes, and check what it is set to Save With; you must (re)save that property to keep the link, or chnage it to use the other end of the link and save that.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The ERC link saves with one of the properties - if you already have the main morph and it's only the JCMs you are working on its possible that the link is set to save with the main morph and so gets lost. After setting up the ERC go to one of the properties in the Property Hierarchy, expand to get down to the ERC, expand that to see its attributes, and check what it is set to Save With; you must (re)save that property to keep the link, or chnage it to use the other end of the link and save that.

I don't think I understand.  What do you mean by "set to save with" and how could I find that out?  I just assumed that if it's present in the property heirarchy as one of the controllers for the morph than it would save with it.  That's how it's been for every JCM I've done besides these two for the eyes.

• The property the link saves with is listed in the Property Hierarchy pane, in the list of attributes for the link - you can find it under either of the morphs involved, in Controllers for one adn Subcomponents for the other.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The property the link saves with is listed in the Property Hierarchy pane, in the list of attributes for the link - you can find it under either of the morphs involved, in Controllers for one adn Subcomponents for the other.

A-ha!  That's what it was; it turns out that in the attributes it shows that the reason the erc doesn't save with the morph is because it's set to save with the controllers instead.  Thanks for the help.