The G3 Nox Hair Morphs don't work with G8 --- fix?

I am a huge fan of extreme and gothic style hair. There is no hairstyle that combines what I like better than the Nox hair.

https://www.daz3d.com/nox-hair-for-genesis-3-male-s-female-s

I have tried to get the nox hair to work with g8. Normally this isn't a problem, all the other g3 hairs conform well. 

The Nox hair does fit to the head, however you cannot use any hair morphs once the hair is fitted to a g8 figure. You can still drag the sliders like "top hair to side" and such, but nothing happens.

I have tried many things, like loading it to a g3 figure first, change up the hairstyle and then fitting it to g8...or loading the hair as a standalone figure first, load a hair morph and then loading the g8 figure and fit the hair to it...but that doesn't work either. Once I fit the hair to g8 the hair resets back to the basic preset.

Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

try this, don't select anything in the scene, now load the hair. Select the hair and then go to the little bars at the top of the pain and select EDIT - SCENE IDENTIFICATION. from there change it from genesis 3 male/female to genesis 8 male/female, then save. Now you should be able to fit it like it was made for genesis 8 and you should still have all the special morphs

sceneident.jpg
    846 x 378 - 69K
  • DarktozDarktoz Posts: 9

FSMCDesigns said:

try this, don't select anything in the scene, now load the hair. Select the hair and then go to the little bars at the top of the pain and select EDIT - SCENE IDENTIFICATION. from there change it from genesis 3 male/female to genesis 8 male/female, then save. Now you should be able to fit it like it was made for genesis 8 and you should still have all the special morphs

Nice! Thank you so much! That was really easy, but never in my life would I have found that solution myself :)

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,440

Nox Hair has special bones which autofit conveniently removes because it doesn't know what to do with them. The mohawk and anything not part of the scalp use pose controls (i.e., bones) not morphs, so, yeah, autofit not good in this case.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,722

Nice! Thank you so much! That was really easy, but never in my life would I have found that solution myself :)

No problem, glad to help. It also works on clothing from G3 to G8, except for heels.

You could purchase one of the converters from RSSY (Riversoft Art) which automates the process and batch files the output..

• FSMCDesigns said:

No problem, glad to help. It also works on clothing from G3 to G8, except for heels.

You could purchase one of the converters from RSSY (Riversoft Art) which automates the process and batch files the output..

Thank you FSMCDesigns !