Saving Morphs under "Actor" as Part of an Expression

I'm using DAZ Studio 4.15.0.2, 64-bit Pro, on a Macintosh runnning OS Catalina 10.15.7. I've tried to save some expressions that I've devised for some of my characters. I've used "Save as Pose Preset," or something like that, and I've checked Head, even under Hidden, and under Pose Controls I've checked Head. Most of the expression gets saved. However, I've also used some of the Simon WM Elasticity Morphs, which are not in the Pose Controls part of the charcter. If I click on the entire character, and go to the Parameters Tab, I can click on Actor above the Pose Controls. Under Actor, these Elasticity Morphs can be found under Head/Face. So the parts of the facial expressions that are under Pose Controls are saved, but the morphs under Actor/Head/Face are not saved.

Is there a way for me to save these Simon WM Elasticity Morphs as part of the expressions I want to save. Could they be saved as something else, such as a Puppeteer Preset?

Comments

• Click the gear icon on each slider and open Parameter Settings, set the Type to Modifier Pose (you don't have to make the chnage permanent by saving the morph assets, it's enough to do it while saving the preset as that is the stage at which type matters), If there are a lot to do you might also right-click the pane to put it in Edit mode, multi-select teh sliders, and right-click to get a menu which I think includes setting the type.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,130

@Richard Haseltine: Thank you very much for this information, Richard. This seems to do it. It does save the morphs under Actor/Head/Face. If I open a new file, the Type within Parameter Settings has switched back to Modifier Shape, from Modifier Pose, which is just what I hoped would happen.

I'm not sure what you mean, though, by making the change permanent by saving the morph assets. Just for information, how would one do this?

• You could have use File>Save As>Support Assets>Morph Asset (or Save Modified Assets), or saved a scene with the modified version.